Thursday 10 April 2014

Bloodstone Jade Seal

So I got myself a blank Chinese seal from ebay a while back and decided to use it for my Larp character. Honestly I spent more time trying to decide on a design than I did working on it, but in the end I went for a simplified version of those (already fairly simple) drawings of mountains you get in various Asian cultures (the nation he's from is vaguely Tibetan in some ways and live on mountains), plus a star/moon/sun, plus the rune for 'A' (for Arcadius). It also represents thought and scholarly things, which fits well with the character (though it *is* associated with Day magic rather than Night or Winter, but we can't have everything)

Needs to be engraved a little deeper (and needs tidying up a bit) and I may add more little details to make it a little more interesting, but for a simple little prop I'm happy with it.

Need to see if it works as an ink stamp too, certainly less costly than sticking wax everywhere. May be just as messy though. Biggest issue is that the larger chinese style seals need a fair bit more wax than the european types.





No comments:

Post a Comment