Thursday 25 December 2014

Jade Cthulhu Idol

Back again, various other things to show as soon as I get round to it. Here, however is my first attempt at an actual fimo sculpture, which worked out fairly well in my opinion.

It's a tin foil core, covered in a thin layer if emerald, followed by a thin layer of translucent green - the two layers were probably unnecessary but I didn't know how transparent that would be. Then I added the tentacles and tried to blend them in. The wings I was puzzled by how to do well before I settled on them being pulled in tight, though perhaps I should have added a little more thickness for the wing membranes.

After it was baked I added a black wash which dramatically improved it.

It's far from perfect, and there's a couple of annoying fingerprints on it, but I'm pretty happy with it. Works better as a static prop in my opinion as its so lightweight it instantly wrecks immersion when you pick it up. 









No comments:

Post a Comment