Tuesday 4 March 2014

Comes the Slender Man

So, I'm a huge fan of the Slender Man Mythos (I'm something of a Surgist myself) and a few years ago I decided to try and make a Slenderman youtube series.  It failed since I was trying out to do everything myself at the same time as an astrophysics degree, but I did make these props to be used in it.  A small token and a slightly larger 'plaque' (what do you call something like that?) that would belong to cultists that worshiped him, and a diary of someone who had started Investigating him and gone insane.  I only filled out a couple of pages originally, but more recently I went back and added in a whole load more crazy pages based in part on the Eight Pages, because it was going on display at the Iconic Legion table at.... Winter London Film and Comic Con? I think that was the one.  I had my 'strider' variant Slender Man cosplay (which I'll do a post on another time probably) and it was a good accessory.

Anyway, the icons were made of air drying Das white clay painted black and then drybrushed with a mix of gold copper and silver.  The journal was a cheap notebook left overnight in a mix of tea, coffee (and I think cinnamon?) then dried in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment