Sunday 9 March 2014

The Obelisk of Yog-Sothoth

Now this piece I like.  Inspired by a combination of this piece by Jason McKittrick ( http://jasonmckittrick.deviantart.com/art/The-Key-of-Yog-Sothoth-280615915 ) and an Obelisk decoration I have at home that was grey stone with white etched hieroglyphs (and coincidentally has shattered in a similar way though I'd forgotten that at the time). The Obelisk point is made from air drying clay painted in layers of black and and grey which I carved into with a scalpel.  I then spent a surprisingly long time filling those etchings with night glow fimo.  In person the glow is nicely visible with relatively little direct illumination, though my camera only picked it up properly if I'd held a lamp half an inch away then quickly took a photo. 

Most of the symbols are fairly abstract but I tried to include eyes and the string of glowing orbs look.

Ignore the US Flag in the background, my housemates doing a Motorised Patriot cosplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment